According to this article, recent studies show that expressing gratitude is good for you and can make you crave sweets. So here goes.
- that I’m not a turkey or a yam.
- for The Knick and Karl Ove Knaussgard.
- that the skies are blue and it’s supposed to reach 60˚ today.
- for my girlfriend who is smart and lovely.
- for my son who is creative and hairy.
- for my family who are healthy and only mildly annoying.
- for my Pentel brush pen which has gone from a cantankerous stranger to a deep collaborator who has freed me up and shown me some inner grace.
- for my partner and my colleagues at Sketchbook Skool
- for my friends, analog and virtual.
- for Joe and, usually, Tim.
- for the last two weeks in Eastern Europe.
- for 2016 which promises to be amazing
- that I overcame my obstinacy on a flight last week and finally watched The End Of the Tour
- for finishing the last tweaks and revisions to my favorite book so far.
- for gouache.
- for this blog and all who read it.
- for licorice allsorts, Mars Bars, pecan pie, and Big Gay Ice Cream.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all.