I published two book this year. In total, I’ve put out more than a dozen. Is that enough? Have I killed enough trees? Maybe this is the end of my run. Unless I come up with something new to say….
- An illustrated history of my family
- Everything I know about creativity that would apply to practically any discipline
- An illustrated record of a long, dramatic journey, like walking across America, or traveling by train from London to Mumbai
- A Maira Kalman sort of investigation of some historic crime, like Starr Faithfull
- A painted record of the dogs of New York City
- A graphic novel about a dog’s day and its hidden dramas
- 100 Facts about love. Biological, spiritual, perplexing, fabricated,
- How to draw. Without talent.
- How to come up with book ideas.
- Damn. The well is dry.
The fact that this list was the hardest yet suggests that maybe I don’t need to write another book. At least not for a while.